A Dow Corning breast Implant lawyer can help you in Bend, Corvalis,Eugene, Klamath fallls, Medford,Portland, Roseburg, Salem and all of Oregon
Dangers of Silicone Breast Implants
Silicone and its contaminants which bleed through its surrounding implant envelope into neighboring tissue have the potential for significant toxicity in the implant recipient. Silicone elicits antibody responses and immunological abnormalities.
Silicone is used for Many things
Silicone is used for menstrual cups, enclosures for electrical equipment, and also fire stops used in the process of fire retardation.
Symptoms of Silicone toxicity from Silicone Breast Implants
Typical symptoms associated with silicone illness (also called “silicone poisoning” or “silicosis”) include cognitive dysfunction, short-term memory loss, Sjogren’s syndrome (dryness in the glands, such as the mouth, kidneys, eyes, and lungs), scleroderma, rheumatoid arthritis, dermatom-yositis, severe joint and muscle pain, incapacitating fatigue, swollen lymph glands, skin problems, peripheral numbness, multiple allergies, headaches, hair loss, sunlight sensitivity, central nervous system disorders (similar to multiple sclerosis), and others.
Symptoms Associated with breast Implants
- Breast Pain
- Upper and Lower Back Pain
- Chemical Sensitivities
- Muscle Pain, Stiffness, Unusual Fatigue
- Excessive Hair Loss
- Achy or Swollen Joints
- Extreme fatigue
- Skin Rashes
- Sensitivity to Sunlight
- Kidney Problems
- Difficulty Swallowing or Breathing
Diseases from Silicone breast Implants
- Neurological Diseases
- Rheumatological Problems
- Autoimmune Diseases
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Esophogeal Immotility
- Raynaud’s Syndrome
- Multiple Sclerosis Like Symptoms
- General Connective Tissue Diseases
- Systemic Fungus
- Sjogren’s Syndrome
Lupus and Breast Implants
(FDA) has advised that breast implants, whether composed of saline or silicone, are linked to Anaplastic Large Cell Lymphoma (ALCL), a cancer of the immune system. It issued a breast implant warning in the form of a safety communication on its web site.
Symptoms of breast implant lymphoma include:
- Asymmetry that developed after their initial surgical sites were fully healed
These symptoms were due to collection of fluid (peri-implant seroma), hardening of breast area around the implant (capsular contracture), or masses surrounding the breast implant. Examination of the fluid and capsule surrounding the breast implant led to the ALCL diagnosis, the FDA said.
Breast implants and cancer
ALCL is a rare malignant tumor (non-Hodgkin lymphoma) that may appear in several parts of the body including the lymph nodes, skin, bones, soft tissue, lungs or liver. Each year ALCL is diagnosed in about 1 out of 500,000 women in the United States. ALCL located in breast tissue is found in only about 3 out of every 100 million women nationwide without breast implants.
What should I do if I have Symptoms from breast Implants and Have filed a claim ?
If you answered yes to any of these questions and you were inserted with silicone or saline breast implants before June 1, 1993, you may be eligible to participate in the Dow Corning (SF-DCT) and/or MDL 926 Class Action settlements. Call the breast implant Helpline and speak to a Breast Implant lawyer.
Your Breast Implant Lawyer will need to Know
- Approximate date of initial implantation and at what facility?
- Who was the doctor that performed the procedure?
- Brand of Implant(s)?
- Do you have a copy of your medical records from your breast implant surgery?
- Have you had your implants removed?
- Do you have proof of Manufacturer ?
- Do you have medical disease reports from a physician ?
- Are/were your implants ruptured?
- Have you registered with either of the Claims Office? Which one(s)?
- Have you filed a Medical/Disease Claim? SLE, dry eyes, joint pain and swelling, body and face rashes, myalgias, chronic fatigue, numbness and tingling in extremities, photosensitivity,?
- Are you currently being treated by a doctor or a specialist?
- Have you received money from either Breast Implant Litigation Settlement Fund?
Your breast Implant Claims Fall into two basic categories
Settlement Facility Dow Corning Trust: Class 5 and 7 Claims
The Settlement Facility for the Dow Corning Trust (SF-DCT) is current in processing class 5 claims for disease and explant benefits. Reviews of Class 7 disease claims, however, are not all completed yet. Class 7 claims found to be deficient will have one year from the date of their notification letters to try to cure the deficiencies. Therefore, the SF-DCT is not expecting to be able to make payments to class 7 approved claims for another 1-2 years.
Dow Corning trust Payments
Any approved disease in Disease Option 1 with a Severity or Disability Level of A, B, C, or D To be eligible for this, you must have proof that you have or had one or more Dow Corning breast implants and have not had a Bristol, Baxter or 3M silicone gel breast implant
- Severity / Disability Level Base Payment Premium Payment Total Payment
- Level A $50,000 $10,000 $60,000
- Level B $20,000 $4000 $24,000
- Level C $10,000 $2000 $12,000
If you have acceptable proof that you have or had a Bristol, Baxter, or 3M silicone gel breast implant, the Total Payment Amount will be reduced by 50%.
MDL-926 is Closed
In 1991, Dow Corning manufactured an sold more that 4,500 silicone-based products to 45,000 customers worldwide, and was considered a leader in the industry. About 1% of total sales in 1991 came from silicone breast implant product.
For more information regarding your Dow Corning Breast implant Claim Contact the Dow Breast Implant Helpline. Speak to a medical social worker and get a Dow Corning breast implant lawyer today.