Dow Corning Breast implant Lawyers: Logan, Ogden, Provo, Salt Lake City, St. George and all of Utah.
Dangers of Silicone Breast Implants
Silicone and its contaminants which bleed through its surrounding implant envelope into neighboring tissue have the potential for significant toxicity in the implant recipient. Silicone elicits antibody responses and immunological abnormalities.
An Utah autoimmune disorder may result in:
- The destruction of one or more types of body tissue
- Abnormal growth of an organ
- Changes in organ function
An autoimmune disorder may affect one or more organ or tissue types. Organs and tissues commonly affected by autoimmune disorders include:
- Blood vessels
- Connective tissues
- Endocrine glands such as the thyroid or pancreas
- Red blood cells
Examples of autoimmune disorders include:
- Addison’s disease
- Celiac disease – sprue (gluten-sensitive enteropathy)
- Graves disease
- Hashimoto’s thyroiditis
- Multiple sclerosis
- Myasthenia gravis
- Pernicious anemia
- Reactive arthritis
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Sjogren syndrome
- Systemic lupus erythematosus
- Type I diabetes
- General ill-feeling (malaise)
Tests that may be done to diagnose an autoimmune disorder may include:
- Antinuclear antibody tests
- Autoantibody tests
- C-reactive protein (CRP)
- Erythrocyte sedimentation rate (ESR)
Silicone is used for Many things
Silicone is used for menstrual cups, enclosures for electrical equipment, and also fire stops used in the process of fire retardation.
Diseases and Complications
Are you suffering from symptoms of or have been diagnosed with:
- Lupus (SLE),
- butterfly rash patterns
- GCTS (General Connective Tissue Symptoms)
- severely dry eyes,
- immune mediated skin rashes,
- peripheral neuropathy,
- positive ANA
- dry eyes,
- joint pain and swelling,
- body and face rashes,
- chronic fatigue,
- numbness and tingling in extremities
If you answered yes to any of these questions and you were inserted with silicone or saline breast implants before June 1, 1993, you may be eligible to participate in the Dow Corning (SF-DCT) and/or MDL 926 Class Action settlements.Call the breast implant Helpline and speak to a Breast Implant lawyer.
Your Breast Implant Lawyer will need to Know
- Approximate date of initial implantation and at what facility?
- Who was the doctor that performed the procedure?
- Brand of Implant(s)?
- Do you have a copy of your medical records from your breast implant surgery?
- Have you had your implants removed?
- Do you have proof of Manufacturer ?
- Do you have medical disease reports from a physician ?
- Are/were your implants ruptured?
- Have you registered with either of the Claims Office? Which one(s)?
- Have you filed a Medical/Disease Claim? SLE, dry eyes, joint pain and swelling, body and face rashes, myalgias, chronic fatigue, numbness and tingling in extremities, photosensitivity,?
- Are you currently being treated by a doctor or a specialist?
- Have you received money from either Breast Implant Litigation Settlement Fund?
Your breast Implant Claims Fall into two basic categories
Settlement Facility Dow Corning Trust: Class 5 and 7 Claims
The Settlement Facility for the Dow Corning Trust (SF-DCT) is current in processing class 5 claims for disease and explant benefits. Reviews of Class 7 disease claims, however, are not all completed yet. Class 7 claims found to be deficient will have one year from the date of their notification letters to try to cure the deficiencies. Therefore, the SF-DCT is not expecting to be able to make payments to class 7 approved claims for another 1-2 years.
Dow Corning trust Payments
Any approved disease in Disease Option 1 with a Severity or Disability Level of A, B, C, or D To be eligible for this, you must have proof that you have or had one or more Dow Corning breast implants and have not had a Bristol, Baxter or 3M silicone gel breast implant **
Severity / Disability Level Base Payment Premium Payment Total Payment
Level A $50,000 $10,000 $60,000
Level B $20,000 $4000 $24,000
Level C $10,000 $2000 $12,000
** If you have acceptable proof that you have or had a Bristol, Baxter, or 3M silicone gel breast implant, the Total Payment Amount will be reduced by 50%.
What you need to know about your MDL-926 is closed
For more information regarding your Dow Corning Breast implant Claim Contact the Dow Corning Breast Implant Helpine. You must be registered with Dow Corning Trust to be eligible.